Dr. Neha Gupta
Professor & Head
The Department of Periodontics provides didactic and clinic instruction in Periodontology at the undergraduate and the postgraduate levels. The department also provides instruction via continuing dental education courses to practicing dentists and hygienists. The training is adjusted to the level of competency of the student. The clinical areas of instruction include periodontal examination, diagnosis, treatment planning, case presentation and communication, therapies, and outcome assessments in otherwise healthy as well as medically compromised patients.
The didactic areas of instruction include the normal periodontium at the macro and microscopic level, periodontal pathology including intra-oral lesions associated with periodontal conditions, periodontal microbiology and immunology, pain control and pharmacology applicable to periodontal treatments, cell biology, wound healing including periodontal regeneration, dental implantology, case management, epidemiology and statistics in Periodontology.
Research methodology is primarily taught to postgraduate students. Faculty members are actively participating in basic and applied sciences research and provide students instruction and guidance in research. The current primary areas of research include, but are not limited to, studies of cellular and humoral immunity in periodontal disease, the microbiology of the periodontal infection, periodontal regeneration, implant procedures and outcome assessments, periodontal diagnostics, HIV infection in the periodontium, and epidemiology.
- Undergraduate students are trained with skills to render non-surgical and preventive periodontal procedures and are introduced to surgical periodontal procedures by observing and assisting as procedures are being performed
- Postgraduate students are given opportunity to learn and master a variety of surgical clinical procedures
- Hands on training in various implant systems and clinical exposure to use of lasers is being imparted as part of the curriculum.
- Rural community camps provide students with an opportunity to be a part of public health programs.
- Regenerative periodontal therapy
- Periodontal plastic and aesthetic surgery
- Local drug delivery
- Research in Periodontal Medicine
- Preventive periodontal care.
The branch of dentistry that studies supporting structures of teeth. The department of Periodontology at SBB Dental College Ghaziabad was established in 2005 with fully equipped sterilization room, minor OT, for surgical procedure discussion room, and computer set up with wi-fi. For MDS – the Post Graduate students are given chance to learn and master surgical and non- surgical clinical procedures and also given hands on training and practicing the out patients of the department.